Australia Day in Camden provides an opportunity for the local community to get together and celebrate our great nation.
The event draws thousands of people each year and features busy street activities, food stalls, markets, kid’s entertainment and a street parade.
This year’s theme will embrace everything Australiana and sing of pure unadulterated Aussie family fun in the sun!
What's in store for 2020?
- The Macarthur Lions Parade will now commence at the earlier time of 10am on Argyle Street. If you would like to participate in the parade please contact Ted Gillroy on 0412 674 324.
- The Awesome Aussie Eating Competition - how many mangoes and lamingtons can you eat in 5 minutes?
- Bush band: Sydney’s premier bush band The Inland Navigators will perform some of Australia's most beloved bush songs
- Solo acoustic music by Ric Bailey of Mad Rhino
- Thong throwing competition - a huge hit in 2019, this comp makes it's return for more fun to see who's thong can be chucked the farthest along John Street!
- Koala Cupcake and animal mask decorating workshop
- Cork hat making workshop
- Bouncy castles
- Shaded area with seating for elderly and infirm
- Free face painting
- Buskers, street artists and bush poetry
- Food trucks, arts and crafts and Australiana memorabilia stalls. Stall applications close on Monday 13 January 2020
Highlights will include:
|8.15am||Thanksgiving Service||Camden Civic Centre|
|9am||Fun Day commences||John Street, Camden|
|10am||Macarthur Lions Street Parade||Argyle Street, Camden|
|11.45am||Australia Day Awards Ceremony||Camden Civic Centre|
|12.15pm||Citizenship Ceremony||Camden Civic Centre|
|2pm||Fun Day concludes||John Street, Camden|
Stall applications now OPEN!
Applications are now open for stalls at the Australia Day 2020 event. Applications close Monday 13 January 2020.
Calling all buskers and street performers!
Applications are now open for buskers/performers wanting to apply for Camden Council's annual Australia Day celebrations on John St, Camden.
If you are interested in busking or performing on John Street please complete this Application Form