Bush Explorers is a program run by the Campbelltown City Council Bushcare team. Through fun and interactive bushwalks and workshops, participants can discover the history, geology and wildlife of the Campbelltown bushland.
Expect to get batty with bats, look and listen for bush-birds and honey-eaters, spotlight possums and koalas in the night, learn about bird migration or search for bush-tucker plants that were traditionally utilised by the Dharawal people of the region.
Bushwalks and workshops are free and take place at various locations in Campbelltown on selected weekends. Visit the website for a full list of all events on the Bush Explorer program.
- Wednesday 5th February - Water-bug Wander - Nepean River Reserve
- Saturday 8th February - Serenity Stroll - Frere's Crossing
- Sunday 9th February - Workshop - Introduction to Bushcare - Smiths Creek Reserve
- Sunday 16 February - 'Winter Wonders' Bushtucker Walk - Spring Creek
- Wednesday 19th February - Bug Hunt - Peter Meadows Reserve
- Saturday 22nd February - Birdwatching for Beginners - Park Central
- Sunday 23rd February - Bushtucker Walk - Scattergood Reserve
- Wednesday 4th March - Serenity Stroll - Simmos Beach Reserve
- Saturday 14th March - Bug Hunt - Noorumba Reserve
- Sunday 15th March - Bushtucker Walk - The Basin (Keith Longhurst) Reserve
- Wednesday 25th March - Birdwatching for Beginners - Old Ford Road
- Saturday 28th March - A night with the bats at Milton Park/Bengarra Reserve
- Sunday 29th March - Nature Walk - Ingleburn Reserve