Bush Explorers is a program run by the Campbelltown City Council Bushcare team. Through fun and interactive bushwalks and workshops, participants can discover the history, geology and wildlife of the Campbelltown bushland.
Expect to get batty with bats, look and listen for bush-birds and honey-eaters, spotlight possums and koalas in the night, learn about bird migration or search for bush-tucker plants that were traditionally utilised by the Dharawal people of the region.
Bushwalks and workshops are free and take place at various locations in Campbelltown on selected weekends. Visit the website for a full list of all events on the Bush Explorer program.
- 2 October - Wild Wednesday Wildflower Walk - The Basin Reserve
- 12 October - Spring into Nature Wildflower Walk - Smiths Creek
- 13 October - Spring into Nature Spring Songsters Walk - Noorumba Reserve
- 16 October - Wild Wednesday Bush-tucker Walk - Frere's Crossing
- 19 October - Powerful Owl Talk and Walk - St Helen's Park
- 26 October - Spring into Nature Bug Hunt - Simmo's Beach Reserve
- 27 October - Spring into Nature Spring Songsters - The Basin Reserve
- 6 November - Spring into Nature Spring Songbirds - The Basin Reserve
- 9 November - Spring into Nature Bug Hunt - Smiths Creek Reserve
- 10 November - Spring into Nature Bug Hunt - Noorumba Reserve
- 20 November - Spring into Nature Bug Hunt - Peter Meadows
- 23 November - Spring Into Nature a Night with the Bats - Milton Park
- 24 November - Spring into Nature Bushtucker Walk Scattergood Reserve