Bush Explorers is a program run by the Campbelltown City Council Bushcare team. Through fun and interactive bushwalks and workshops, participants can discover the history, geology and wildlife of the Campbelltown bushland.
Expect to get batty with bats, look and listen for bush-birds and honey-eaters, spotlight possums and koalas in the night, learn about bird migration or search for bush-tucker plants that were traditionally utilised by the Dharawal people of the region.
Bushwalks and workshops are free and take place at various locations in Campbelltown on selected weekends. Visit the website for a full list of all events on the Bush Explorer program.
- 7 August - Wild Wednesday at Scattergood Reserve
- 10 August - Spotlight Night at Peter Meadows Creek
- 11 August - Habitats of Campbelltown at Noorumba Reserve
- 21 August - Wild Wednesday Spring Wildflower Walk
- 24 August - Bushtucker Walk at Simmos Beach
- 25 August - Spring Wildflower Walk at Scattergood Reserve
- 4 September - Wild Wednesday at Peter Meadows Reserve
- 14 September - Spring into Nature Spring Songsters at Smiths Creek
- 15 September - Spring into Nature Wildflower Walk Noorumba Reserve
- 18 September - Wild Wednesday Wildflower Walk Ingleburn Weir
- 28 September - Spring into Nature Spotlight Night Simmo's Beach
- 29 September - Spring into Nature Wildflower Walk The Woolwash