Empowering, inspiring and strengthening gender equality will be the focus of events celebrating International Women’s Day (8 March) across the month of March in Campbelltown. The diversity of activities will include a youth forum, art talks, a guided walk through the Dharawal National Park and a work symposium, to name a few. “International Women’s Day celebrates the valuable contribution and achievements of women in our community,” said Mayor George Brticevic. “We are hosting events that will empower women of all ages and backgrounds to set goals and create opportunities for success,’’ Cr Brticevic said.
Click here to view events calendar or view a summary below.
The events will include: -
- Tuesday 5 March 10.30am to 12pm: Stories from our Community: a morning tea and guest talks with women in the community. Greg Percival Community Centre, Ingleburn. Free event.
- Thursday 7 March 10am to 1pm: Butterfly, Empowering Women's Health: Free info session on breast screening and cervical screening. 127 Dumaresq Street, Campbelltown. Bookings 4627 1188
- Thursday 7 March 6pm to 7.30pm: ArtLib: a talk featuring local female artists. Eagle Vale Library. Free event.
- Friday 8 March 10am to 1pm: Take A Leap: Youth forum for senior female high school students in Campbelltown. Eagle Vale High School. Free event.
- Friday 8 March 10am to 2pm: Macarthur Diversity Services #BalanceforBetter: free day of celebration, guest speakers, self-defense workshop, face painting, Henna tatooing and Pacific Island performance. Childcare available. 127 Dumaresq Street (The Blue House), Campbelltown. Bookings 0419 222 175
- Friday 8 March 11am to 1pm: Bunnings Workshops for Women of all ages! Garden-to-plate workshop, including cooking and DIY around the house. Free workshop.
- Friday 8 March 6pm to 8pm: Borrowed Scenery Closing Event: celebrate the end of the exhibition with a presentation from the CoUNTess Report, free manicures, nail art and a Live DJ. RSVP by Friday 1 March. 4645 4100. Campbelltown Arts Centre
- Friday 8 March to Thursday 14 March: Free 7-day membership to use at Council’s aquatic and leisure centres as part of the Campbelltown Active program. Bookings not required. Extra fitness classes will also be held during the week.
- Saturday 9 March 9am to 10.30am: Dharawal Indigenous Guided Walk for women and children. Dharawal National Park. Adults $15, children $10, family $45.
- Sunday 10 March 8am to 11am: Campbelltown City Challenge Walk. 6km or 11km course. Australian Botanic Garden, Mt Annan. Cost is $11.40 prior to the event or $22.80 on the day.
- Monday 11 March 10am to 12pm: WILMA Women's Health Open Day: Tai Chi, aromatherapy with a skilled Naturopath, hand massages, healthy food and a relaxing atmosphere for women. Free event. 6 Budgen Place, Campbelltown. Bookings 4627 2955
- Thursday 14 March 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Stand Out Resume Writing: learn to write a resume that will stand out from the crowd. Free workshop. Staff Training Centre at Campbelltown City Council 91 Queen Street. Bookings email@example.com
- Monday 18 March 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Social Media 101: an overview of a range of social media platforms. Be ready to promote your business or service using social media. Free workshop. Staff Training Centre at Campbelltown City Council 91 Queen Street. Bookings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday 20 March 5pm to 7.30pm: Women in the Workplace Symposium. A networking event for women entering or re-entering the workforce. Four guest speakers fashion stylist Antoinette Stonham, HR specialist Melissa Owen, financial advisor Clare McCabe and mental health and lifestyle counsellor Cheryl Paradella. Campbelltown Arts Centre. Free event.
- Thursday 21 March 10am to 1pm: Butterfly, Empowering Women's Personal Development: free mental heath info session for women on setting personal development goals. Free workshop. 127 Dumaresq Street, Campbelltown. Bookings 4627 1188
- Thursday 28 March 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Addressing Selection Criteria & Target Questions with confidence Workshop. Covering the best way to tackle lengthy job applications. Free workshop. Staff Training Centre at Campbelltown City Council 91 Queen Street. Bookings email@example.com