The NSW Government is providing funding for Tourism Industry Marketing through their Support Grants Program. This provides opportunities for the tourism industry to implement recovery marketing campaigns aimed at driving immediate demand and bookings for both Sydney and Regional NSW products and experiences.
Under the Grants Program, Destination NSW will match successful funding applications for amounts dollar to dollar between $10,000 and $50,000 ex GST for operators to undertake a variety of different marketing activities to promote visitor experiences, attractions, tours and accommodation.
The aim of this program is to drive demand for the NSW businesses nominated in the application during Winter/Spring 2021 (up to 30 October 2021).
Eligibility and Funding
To be eligible, the applicants must be one of the following:
- Tourism Businesses in NSW, including accommodation, attractions, and tours in Sydney or Regional NSW
- Association representing a sector (e.g. wine, backpackers, etc)
- Local Tourism Organisations in NSW
- Local Councils.
The Grant is for the promotion of NSW visitor experiences, attractions, tours and accommodation to drive leads to the businesses nominated in the application. Funded activity is to be implemented by the Applicant. The funds can be used for a variety of different marketing tactics including advertising (digital display, paid social, paid search) and promotional offers, competitions, discounts to drive demand.
Funding is not available for NSW Destination Networks, Event Management Companies or NSW Government Agencies already receiving NSW Government funding.
The funds can be used for a variety of different marketing tactics including advertising (digital display, paid social, paid search) and promotional offers, competitions, discounts to drive demand.
Visit the website for more information on how you can use the funds. Please note that successful Applicants will only be eligible to receive one grant.
|27 April 2021, 9am||Applications open|
|13 May 2021, 5pm||Applications close|
|14 May – 4 June 2021||Applications assessed and successful applications confirmed|
|7 June – 7 July 2021||Agreements issued and finalised and invoices issued by Applicants on finalising agreement|
|From mid-July 2021||Campaign activity commences in line with the in-market timings agreed with grant recipients|
|13 December 2021||Post-campaign reports are to be submitted by grant recipients.
If marketing activity concludes prior to 30 October 2021, grant recipients are to submit post-campaign reports 10 weeks following campaign completion.
Application and Review Process
- Applicants must specify at least one of the experience themes (outlined below) that aligns with their product or business. Experience themes include:
- Nature & Outdoors
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Culture
- History & Heritage
- Stay / Accommodation
- Applicants must attach proof that matched funding is available. This could be a letter from the CEO or General Manager of the participating organisation confirming the financial commitment.
- Applicants agree to use the Love NSW or Love Sydney campaign logo in all marketing activities funded by the grant. Destination NSW will provide successful Applicants with logo files and guidelines.
- Applicants must provide details of where/how the grant funds will be spent.
- Applicants must provide a post campaign report on impact, including references to increase in sales, number of visitors and bookings.
- The businesses nominated in the application must have a current ATDW/Get Connected listing.
- Applicants must be the holder of an Australian Business Number and/or Australian Company Number.
As part of the application review process, Destination NSW will:
- Issue a Marketing Funding Agreement, formalising the marketing activity arrangements and obligations of both parties.
- Applicant’s product falls under one of the key experience themes outlined in the Application and Review Process and includes a suitable offer.
- Estimated return on investment for the total matched funds, that is sales and visitation between July – October 2021. Figures must be verified.
- Promoted product must be bookable (preferably online).
- Campaign reporting capabilities.
- Capacity and skills to deliver the marketing activity to the agreed scope and timeframe.