The St Marks Church is situated in Church Street in the village of Appin. Building on the church commenced in 1840 and St Marks was consecrated in 1843.
The stone walls are an attractive pale golden colour and the church now has a corrugated iron roof. There is a small cemetery with burials dating from 1840 onwards.
Since 1907 the parish has been administered from Campbelltown.